FIS Program - "Creating Successful People And Athletes"
The QAST FIS programme is designed to develop Athletes through to the Competition phase of ski racing. The emphasis is largely on Fundamentals, looking at the finer details and building the athlete. The Team mostly trains at Coronet Peak offering some of the best training opportunities in the world often alongside National Teams. We are looking to refine and polish the skills learnt at the younger ages and prepare athletes to compete internationally. This undertaken in a fun atmosphere where we develop the skills needed to transition to the New Zealand National Team.
By entrusting your child's athletic development with our Coaching team we will develop and build their attitude towards:
- Hard Work
- Time Management
- Competitive Greatness
- Confidence and Poise
We then go in to greater depth developing the Athletes:
- Strength and conditioning - Building the skier and identifying instabilities. A large focus is on Activation, Mobility, Cordination & Stability / Strength
- Nutrition - Lean about the key aspects of Nutrition and the importance of fueling your body with the right things at the right time
- Time Management - How to manage their time effectively and keep to deadlines
- Enthusiasm - To love the sport especially during tough times, (it is a long hard road and you have to love the process)
- Initiative - Think for themselves and start to be self aware of what the body is doing - create internal feedback
- Competitive Greatness - Learn what it takes to preform and get the most out of themselves in high pressure situations
- Confidence and Poise - Be confident people and trust in what they are doing
The Coaching team will be looking to develop these key attributes while focusing on creating the best environment for your child to learn. The coaching staff follow a curriculum throughout the season similar to when at school so we encourage all athletes to attend all sessions on and off snow.
Who, Where, When, Cost and Equipment
Who is applicable for the programme (DOB)
- U18: 2001 - 2002 born
- U21: 1999 - 1998 born
The programme starts on the 12th of June and finishes on the 1st of October
Full Time FIS - All Weekends, School Holidays and Races
Cost - NZD$6,396.00 Including Insurance
Included - QAST Jacket, Lane space, Coaching on and off snow
Not Included - Facility Fee when training at another dryland facility
- Travel and race entries
- Snow Sports NZ Registration NZD$20.00 / FIS License Click Here
Equipment (discuss with you coach)
FIS - 1-2 pairs of SL skis Woman 155cm / Men 165 with 10cm tolerance for U19, plus poles
- 1-2 pairs of GS skis Woman 30m radius 188cm with 5cm tolerance / Men 35m radius 195cm with 5cm tolerance
- 1-2 pairs of SG skis Woman 40m radius 205cm with 5cm tolerance / Men 45m radius 210cm with 5cm tolerance
- Hard Ear Helmet with regulation FIS sticker plus attachment for chin guard or separate SL Helmet, back protector mandatory along with all relevant protection
Racing and learning to compete is a larger focus for the FIS group and builds with age. Athletes will have great opportunities to travel throughout New Zealand and Internationally competing in FIS and ANC races.
How do I sign up?